To give you a better idea of the types of questions that may come up during our KS1 SATs in May the documents below are filled with advice and useful questions to support you at home. This documents are LARGE so please do not print them all. Instead use them on tablets or PCs and ask the children to talk through their working out or reasoning with you.
Please remember the best way you can support your child during SATs week is to:
- ensure they go to bed early and get a good night sleep
- make sure they have a healthy breakfast in the morning
- give lots of praise and encouragement
- do not apply too much pressure, children are used to doing assessments in school and this will be treated exactly the same
- remember the end of year judgements are Teacher Assessments and these National Curriculum Assessments will only be used to support our judgments.
Thank you for your support :)