Growing and Learning Together
MORE TOP TIPS for Protecting your Family Online
- Keep the computer in a common room
- Limit approved Web sites and hours spent online
- Set high security settings with browsers, membership, and social networking sites
- Install and maintain Internet security software and parental controls
- Use parental controls to limit the Web sites your child can visit
- Monitor your child’s computer use and sit with them when they’re online, wherever possible
- Talk about protecting private information (name, phone number, etc.) and never sharing passwords with friends.
- Establish rules for using the Internet – using our home / school rules will help.