Home Page
Growing and Learning Together
Home Page

External Agency support

On a regular basis, the school enlists the help of the following:


  • The School Nurse Service;
  • The Educational Psychology Service;
  • The Pupil and School Support Service;
  • The Communication and Autism Team;
  • The Physical Difficulties Support Service (PDSS);
  • The Sensory Support Service to advise on visual impairment and hearing impairment;
  • The Link Speech and Language Therapist (for nursery children, this referral is still made through the centralised paediatric pathway).


There may also be involvement from:


  • An Occupational Therapist;
  • A Physiotherapist;
  • Specialist medical teams (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis Team, Stoma nurse)
  • Behaviour Support Specialist


Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and the School Nurse Service are part of the health service. The remaining outside agencies work as an integrated team known as Access to Education, A2E. When specialist behaviour support is needed, we liaise with an independent company who comes into school.


In all cases, when a referral is made to outside agencies, the permission of parents / carers is obtained first and the appropriate referral form (as provided by each agency) is used. It is the Inclusion Leader who ultimately makes referrals, but it is essential that the class teacher is involved in the process to ensure an accurate picture of a child’s needs is given.