Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10. “tell me number which is less than 6”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’
- Watch and listen to the Crunching Munching Caterpillar
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …m, d, g, o, c”
- In the kitchen – Look for numbers on packets and tins in the cupboard. Try and write them.
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using letters can you make these simple words – mat, man, dog, mod, cod, cog.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using stones, make a long caterpillar and a short caterpillar. Can you make one that is longer than the short one and shorter than the long one?
- Sing the song below “There’s a Tiny Caterpillar on a Leaf” –