Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10. “tell me a number which is bigger than 3 and smaller than 7”.
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Begin to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’.
- Watch and listen to the story ‘The Very Lazy Ladybird’
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with … s, a, t, p, i, n”
- In the kitchen – Look for numbers on packets and tins in the cupboard. Try and write them.
- Explore doubles using fingers eg 1 finger & 1 finger is 2 fingers, 2 fingers & 2 fingers are 4 fingers, 3 fingers & 3 fingers are 6 fingers, 4 fingers & 4 fingers are 8 fingers, 5 fingers & 5 fingers are 10 fingers.
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using letters can you make these simple words – sat, sit, pin, tap, tin, pit.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using stones for spots and a circle of paper. Make a ladybird and count the number of spots on it. Put out six sticks for its legs.