Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10. “tell me a bigger/smaller number than 3”.
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together.
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …”
- In the kitchen – Look for numbers on packets and tins in the cupboard. Try and write them.
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using stones and sticks for practical addition – “3 stones and 2 sticks make?”