Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10. “Which number comes in between 3 and 5?”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together.
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …”
- In the kitchen – Lay the table with plates and bowls. “How many bowls are there?” “How many plates?” “How many altogether?” (numbers to 10).
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg dog, cat, van, book, fork. Adult to segment a word to say ie “d”-“o”-“g” for the child to identify and find.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using stones and sticks make repeating patterns eg stone, stick, stone, stick, stone, stick etc or stone, stone, stick, stone, stone, stick etc