Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10. “Which number comes after 3 and before 3?”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together.
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …”
- Where is teddy? In the lounge – Adult to put a toy under/on top/next to/behind/in front of a piece of furniture. Can you say where the teddy is?
- Metal Mike – Give the child instructions to follow but segment the doing word. Eg Put on your c-o-a-t. T-a-p your head. P-a-t your head. S-i-t down.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using sticks make numbers.