Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is one more than 6 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Continue to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’ ‘I’, ‘no’, ‘go’
- Begin to read and write these tricky words: to the I no go
- Watch ’Topsy and Tim go on holiday’
- Watch ‘Woolly and Tig Beach holidays’
- In the bedroom – Pack a bag for teddy to take on his holiday.
- Teddy’s visit to the beach – Adult to put objects in a bag for teddy to take to the beach eg hat, ball, glasses, towel, bottle etc Ask your child what initial sound each item begins with.
- Using word cards (words written on paper) can you make the sentences – The hat is red. The ball is black.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – – Find some stones and build towers – how many stones can you balance on top of one another? Record your amount on a piece of paper.
- Sing ‘Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun’