Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is one more than 3 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Continue to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’ ‘I’ ‘no’ ‘go’
- Begin to read and write these tricky words: is it at and
- Watch and listen to the story ‘Curious George goes to an ice cream shop
- In the kitchen – Child to put out three bowls and 4 spoons how many altogether? Repeat with different amounts.
- Teddy’s picnic – Child to find 5 cvc objects to put in a bag for teddy to take on a picnic eg fork, ham, cup, egg, cheese. Adult to segment a word to say ie “f”-“or”-“k” for the child to identify. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using word cards (words written on paper) can you make the sentences – It is a fan. It is a leg. It is a dog.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Find a bowl and fill with water, 3 different containers and a plastic cup. Fill the cup with water then pour into the container. How many cups did it take to fill the container, record the number on paper. Repeat with the other 2 containers. Which container held the most cups of water?
- Sing the song below ‘The ice cream song’