Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 10 and backwards from 10.
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together.
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …”
- In the Kitchen – Count the number of knives, forks and spoons in the drawer. Practical addition – How many knives and forks are there? How many forks and spoons are there? (work with numbers to 10).
- Make collections of objects with names beginning with the same sound. Create a song, such as ‘What have we got in our sound box today?’ and then show the objects one at a time. Emphasise the initial sound (e.g. s-s-s-snake, s-s-s-sock, s-s-s-sausage)
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Find three sticks and order them by length. Which is long/short/longest/shortest?