Exploring the Characters
Read or listen to the story. Use the link HERE
Pause the video or stop reading after the mouse meets each animal and ask your child:
- How do you think the mouse feels each time he first meets an animal?
- Why does he talk about the Gruffalo like this?
- How do those descriptions make each of the animals feel?
- How does this change from when they first saw the mouse?
- What does the mouse want the animals to think? Why?
- How do you think the mouse feels as he walks away each time?
Ask your grown up to write what you think each character is thinking in the story.
Again draw your own pictures or use the ones below.