During the Spring first half term the focus will be on:-
- To enjoy being responsible for carrying out a simple task independently.
- To listen to a story with increasing attention and recall.
- To begin to use more complex sentences to link thoughts (eg using and, because).
- To begin to understand 'why' and 'how' questions.
- To hold a pencil near the point between the first two fingers and thumb and use it with good control.
- To continue to independently use the toilet/wash our hands/blow our nose.
- Continue Phonics Phase 1 - Rhythm and Rhyme/Alliteration/Voice sounds/Oral blending and Segmenting.
- Continue Number - Counting sets of objects accurately/putting out a given number of objects/using mathematical vocabulary eg more/less/same/representing numbers in different ways eg drawing dots, lines, showing a number.