A New Beginning in Nursery
Our main aim during Nursery in the initial weeks is to ensure that each child feels safe, settled and secure where they develop positive relationships and bonds with those around them. We understand that this year’s start will be very different, especially as the child is at home in their own settled environment. But there are things you can do to prepare your child for the coming year.
Nursery Home Learning
Home Learning for Nursery children covers all areas of the Foundation Stage Curriculum and incorporates both indoor and outdoor activities to replicate as best as possible what your child would be doing in the Nursery setting. It will be a little different from the other year groups in the form of weekly activities and stories, although daily tasks will remain the same which can be performed every day.
Please encourage your child with the following:-
* Continue the routine of washing hands with soap and water.
* Continue to practise putting on and zipping up own coat.
* Practise dressing and undressing independently.
* Share a story with a grown-up.
* Begin to be responsible for own things and share and take turns with others.
* Continue to practise counting sets of objects and putting out given amounts.
* Begin to trace/copy own name.