A New Beginning in Nursery
Our main aim during Nursery in the initial weeks is to ensure that each child feels safe, settled and secure where they develop positive relationships and bonds with those around them. We understand that this year’s start will be very different, especially as the child is at home in their own settled environment. But there are things you can do to prepare your child for the coming year.
During the first term in Autumn the focus will be on:
Please encourage your child with the following:-
* Get into the routine of washing hands with soap and water.
* Practise putting on and taking off a coat.
* Practise personal hygiene eg using the toilet correctly.
* Share a story with a grown-up.
* Practise tidying up/putting away own toys.
* Begin to recognise own name.