This half term we are learning Mandarin Chinese. The children and staff will be learning basic phrases and to help support your children at home you can download the Mandarin poster below. Take a look at the video clips below of some of our children speaking Mandarin Chinese. They should help you to pronounce the words! Have fun!
FuN FaCtS about China!
· Ice cream was invented in China around 2000BC when the Chinese packed a soft milk and rice mixture in the snow.
· China is the fourth largest country in the world.
· China is sometimes a day ahead of the United States.
· The Chinese calendar dates back to 2600 B.C. It is the oldest known calendar.
· When a Chinese child loses a baby tooth, it doesn't get tucked under the pillow for the tooth fairy. If the child loses an upper tooth, the child's parents plant the tooth in the ground, so the new tooth will grow in straight and healthy. Parents toss a lost bottom tooth up to the rooftops, so that the new tooth will grow upwards , too.