WELCOME TO ALL OUR OLD AND NEW FAMILIES
Click on the picture above to see the welcome video
This September our school will reopen its door fully to all our Hall Green Infant and Nursery children which is great! It has been an unusual end to our previous year and due to the Covid-19 pandemic there are some changes that will need to take place. In line with the DFE and government guidance we have introduced new measures for our safe return to school.
There will be 6 key changes
- Start and end times for the school day are now staggered as are lunches and playtimes for different year groups (Click here for more information).
- For years 1 & 2 the school site will remain a one-way site. You MUST enter via the Petersfield Road entrance and exit via the Stratford road exit.
- Year 1 classrooms are now in the main building and year 2 are in the annex. (Click the the link to see YR1 or YR2)
- Reception & Nursery will enter and exit through the infant car park (A path will be marked out in the carpark to guide you).
- Children will be in a ‘Year Group bubble’ and will not interact with other year groups during the day including lunch or playtimes.
- For families with children in multiple year groups (Including the juniors) both schools will be supporting by holding siblings to ensure families can come for one drop off and collection time.
Government Travel Guidance
We are strongly encouraging parents to help control coronavirus by safely walking, cycling or scooting to school. This will also help to reduce congestion on the roads around school too.
Links to Year Group Welcome Pages
Starting school for the first time or even coming back after the 6 weeks can sometimes make us feel a little worried . To help with those feelings our teachers have put together some small videos and information packs to help answer any question that you may have. We hope you find these pages helpful.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.